Share Africa Travel is a specialized sustainable tourism tour operator, locally know and registered as Abang Africa Travel. Our offices are located in the historical Bo Kaap area, Cape Town and we are currently operating in South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Botswana, Victoria Falls and Mozambique.
We work together in partnerships, with smaller and reliable accommodation and game camps, transfer & tour companies who all believe in Africa’s values. We rely on commercial and non commercial suppliers that adopt good social and environmental practices and share our mission:
“To use Responsible Tourism as a Sustainable Development tool for the people in Southern Africa; benefiting local communities and visitors, through sharing and mutual understanding, empowerment and sustainable partnerships.”
Founded by us, the non profit organisation Abang Africa Trust supports various projects in southern Africa. In addition to providing financial support, we are also involved with hands-on collaboration in various tourism related projects. Supporting these various projects is part of our Responsible tourism policy Share Africa.
Our commitment to sustainable travel has been recognised in various international awards:
- 2010, Finalist National SMME of the Year Awards, Services Category
- 2009, Finalist in the Imvelo Responsible Tourism Awards, Best Practice Economic Impact
- 2008, Runner up for the Green Tourism Award UK British Youth Travel Awards.
- This award has been designed to reward youth travel organisations working to maximize their positive impact on the environment and local community within which they operate
- 2008, Winner of the Regional Tourism Awards South Africa, Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 2008, Runner up Welcome Awards category best tour operator under 5 years; recognizing and honoring our service excellence in the tourism and hospitality industry.
For more information on Share Africa Travel please do not hesitate to contact us directly.